Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Hey #artists! What's another way you've found to make #money with your #art? 11 months ago
- On page 136 of 224 of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondō goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 year ago
- This is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you @LuBellWoo! twitter.com/LuBellWoo/stat… 1 year ago
- Why is it that when you're sick on some sort of transit system (planes, trains, etc.) your nose runs more when people sit near you? :( 1 year ago
- Knitting Needle Update: The sock needles have been found. #knitting 1 year ago
- 3D Fibers Advanced Surface Design arizona state art art fairs artist artist spotlight asu Balboa Park Benedictine bio Bizarre Bazaar Blue October book books botanical garden coffee ComicCon crochet Disney double treadle environment Facebook FAN fiber art fiber artist fiber factory fibers french knots gallery goals homework internship knitting lendrum Maker Faire museum museums music needlearts needlepoint portfolio press Printed Textiles Progress Report project Rhinebeck San Diego self realization fellowship Sheep and Wool Festival shibori show spinning spinning wheel Studio Sunnyslope Art Walk TED The National Needlearts Association The New York State Sheep and Wool Festival thought TNNA travel Unique LA update watercolor watercolor painting writing prompt yarn
Tag Archives: Facebook
My first knitted sweater! Aidez by Berroco. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/CaptnShamrock/aidez via Facebook Pages http://www.facebook.com/pages/p/395858947135518
So, I just finished my last print of the semester. I’m sure I have touch ups for it, but it’s done for my last fibers critique tomorrow. Wow. via Facebook Pages http://www.facebook.com/pages/p/395858947135518
I ordered these books last week. So excited to read through them! I’m hoping that the top two will be good resources for continuing my art after graduation on May 9! via Facebook Pages http://www.facebook.com/pages/p/395858947135518
As I prepare to write this post, I notice I’m sitting in a completely empty store. A few people have wandered in and out, but no one remains. It’s a beautiful day outside…the type of day that when I look out the door, I sort of get that emotional high feeling that I got when I was at Balboa Park. I got a cheese danish and iced coffee (with vanilla shots) from Rebecca’s across the street to start my Friday. The sounds of Andrew Bird play over my iPod. The past two days were Madeline Peyroux days, so I thought a change was in order. No iPhone or wifi to use Pandora on my iTouch…oh well.
The Summer Walkabout in South Park was a great success. I had a blast, even though I was stuck at the desk all evening. Erich and Jack came to visit me while I was working. That was a nice surprise. The theme was Summer of Love and so I had a lot of fun dressing up like a little Flower Child.
My travels home are on my mind. Pretty soon I’ll have to start packing my things for the drive home. It’s going to be truly bittersweet. I’m going to really miss my new friends and my new surroundings. My head is almost in a place where I can start thinking about going home and moving into my new apartment and starting school again. Senior year…wow. I can remember being a freshman at Benedictine College thinking that my final year of college was so far off…and now here it is!
I wanted to go back to the Self-Realization Fellowship Gardens last Monday to do some watercolor painting, but they were closed. I was rather bummed. I haven’t gotten to use my travel watercolor set that I received for Christmas yet. I feel like I’ve neglected it. I thought about then going to the Quail Botanical Garden (Or San Diego Botanical Gardens as the website says), but I think I was just so miffed about the other garden being closed that I didn’t feel very much like paying $12 to enter. I think I was just overall not having a very good day and needed a nap instead. Hopefully before I leave I can get some painting done.
Before I leave, we’re going to take pictures of all the sample work I’ve done for the store. That way I can update my portfolios. When I return home, I plan to take pictures of all my work from last semester since I haven’t been able to do that yet.
I’m planning on creating a Facebook Page for myself as an artist. By planning, I mean I’ve already created it, it just needs pictures. That will be my next online project.